This license applies to document, audio, or video
files released on or after 2017.04.01.
Link to prior Redwood MedNet Creative
Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share
Alike 4.0 International Public License
By exercising the Licensed Rights (defined below), You
accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Public License ("Public License"). To the extent this Public License
may be interpreted as a contract, You are granted the Licensed Rights
in consideration of Your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and
the Licensor grants You such rights in consideration of benefits the
Licensor receives from making the Licensed Material available under
these terms and conditions.
Section 1 - Definitions
- Adapted Material means material subject to
Copyright and Similar Rights that is derived from or based upon the
Licensed Material and in which the Licensed Material is translated,
altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner
requiring permission under the Copyright and Similar Rights held by
the Licensor. For purposes of this Public License, where the
Licensed Material is a musical work, performance, or sound
recording, Adapted Material is always produced where the Licensed
Material is synched in timed relation with a moving image.
- Adapter's License means the license You apply to
Your Copyright and Similar Rights in Your contributions to Adapted
Material in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Public
- BY-NC-SA Compatible License means a license
creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses, approved by Creative
Commons as essentially the equivalent of this Public License.
- Copyright and Similar Rights means copyright
and/or similar rights closely related to copyright including,
without limitation, performance, broadcast, sound recording, and
Sui Generis Database Rights, without regard to how the rights are
labeled or categorized. For purposes of this Public License, the
rights specified in Section 2(b)(1)-(2) are not Copyright
and Similar Rights.
- Effective Technological Measures means those
measures that, in the absence of proper authority, may not be
circumvented under laws fulfilling obligations under Article 11 of
the WIPO Copyright Treaty adopted on December 20, 1996, and/or
similar international agreements.
- Exceptions and Limitations means fair use, fair
dealing, and/or any other exception or limitation to Copyright and
Similar Rights that applies to Your use of the Licensed
- License Elements means the license attributes
listed in the name of a Creative Commons Public License. The
License Elements of this Public License are Attribution,
NonCommercial, and ShareAlike.
- Licensed Material means the artistic or literary
work, database, or other material to which the Licensor applied
this Public License.
- Licensed Rights means the rights granted to You
subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, which
are limited to all Copyright and Similar Rights that apply to Your
use of the Licensed Material and that the Licensor has authority to
- Licensor means the individual(s) or entity(ies)
granting rights under this Public License.
- NonCommercial means not primarily intended for
or directed towards commercial advantage or monetary compensation.
For purposes of this Public License, the exchange of the Licensed
Material for other material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights
by digital file-sharing or similar means is NonCommercial provided
there is no payment of monetary compensation in connection with the
- Share means to provide material to the public by
any means or process that requires permission under the Licensed
Rights, such as reproduction, public display, public performance,
distribution, dissemination, communication, or importation, and to
make material available to the public including in ways that
members of the public may access the material from a place and at a
time individually chosen by them.
- Sui Generis Database Rights means rights other
than copyright resulting from Directive 96/9/EC of the European
Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal
protection of databases, as amended and/or succeeded, as well as
other essentially equivalent rights anywhere in the world.
- You means the individual or entity exercising
the Licensed Rights under this Public License. Your
has a corresponding meaning.
Section 2 - Scope.
- License Grant
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License,
the Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free,
non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to
exercise the Licensed Rights in the Licensed Material to:
- reproduce and Share the Licensed Material, in whole or in
part, for NonCommercial purposes only; and
- produce, reproduce, and Share Adapted Material for
NonCommercial purposes only.
- Exceptions and Limitations. For the avoidance of
doubt, where Exceptions and Limitations apply to Your use, this
Public License does not apply, and You do not need to comply
with its terms and conditions.
- Term. The term of this Public License is specified in
- Media and formats; technical modifications allowed.
The Licensor authorizes You to exercise the Licensed Rights in
all media and formats whether now known or hereafter created,
and to make technical modifications necessary to do so. The
Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any right or
authority to forbid You from making technical modifications
necessary to exercise the Licensed Rights, including technical
modifications necessary to circumvent Effective Technological
Measures. For purposes of this Public License, simply making
modifications authorized by this Section 2(a)(4) never
produces Adapted Material.
- Downstream recipients.
- Offer from the Licensor - Licensed Material. Every
recipient of the Licensed Material automatically receives
an offer from the Licensor to exercise the Licensed Rights
under the terms and conditions of this Public License.
- Additional offer from the Licensor - Adapted
Material. Every recipient of Adapted Material from You
automatically receives an offer from the Licensor to
exercise the Licensed Rights in the Adapted Material under
the conditions of the Adapter’s License You apply.
- No downstream restrictions. You may not offer or
impose any additional or different terms or conditions on,
or apply any Effective Technological Measures to, the
Licensed Material if doing so restricts exercise of the
Licensed Rights by any recipient of the Licensed
- No endorsement. Nothing in this Public License
constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or
imply that You are, or that Your use of the Licensed Material
is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted
official status by, the Licensor or others designated to
receive attribution as provided in Section
- Other rights.
- Moral rights, such as the right of integrity, are not
licensed under this Public License, nor are publicity, privacy,
and/or other similar personality rights; however, to the extent
possible, the Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any
such rights held by the Licensor to the limited extent
necessary to allow You to exercise the Licensed Rights, but
- Patent and trademark rights are not licensed under this
- To the extent possible, the Licensor waives any right to
collect royalties from You for the exercise of the Licensed
Rights, whether directly or through a collecting society under
any voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing
scheme. In all other cases the Licensor expressly reserves any
right to collect such royalties, including when the Licensed
Material is used other than for NonCommercial purposes.
Section 3 - License Conditions.
Your exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the
- If You Share the Licensed Material (including in modified
form), You must:
- retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor
with the Licensed Material:
- identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed
Material and any others designated to receive
attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the
Licensor (including by pseudonym if designated);
- a copyright notice;
- a notice that refers to this Public License;
- a notice that refers to the disclaimer of
- a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the
extent reasonably practicable;
- indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain
an indication of any previous modifications; and
- indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this
Public License, and include the text of, or the URI or
hyperlink to, this Public License.
- You may satisfy the conditions in Section 3(a)(1) in
any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context
in which You Share the Licensed Material. For example, it may
be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or
hyperlink to a resource that includes the required
- If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the
information required by Section 3(a)(1)(A) to the extent
In addition to the conditions in Section 3(a), if You Share
Adapted Material You produce, the following conditions also apply.
- The Adapter's License You apply must be a Creative Commons
license with the same License Elements, this version or later,
or a BY-NC-SA Compatible License.
- You must include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, the
Adapter's License You apply. You may satisfy this condition in
any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context
in which You Share Adapted Material.
- You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms
or conditions on, or apply any Effective Technological Measures
to, Adapted Material that restrict exercise of the rights
granted under the Adapter's License You apply.
Section 4 - Sui Generis Database Rights.
Where the Licensed Rights include Sui Generis Database Rights that
apply to Your use of the Licensed Material:
- for the avoidance of doubt, Section 2(a)(1) grants You the
right to extract, reuse, reproduce, and Share all or a substantial
portion of the contents of the database for NonCommercial purposes
- if You include all or a substantial portion of the database
contents in a database in which You have Sui Generis Database
Rights, then the database in which You have Sui Generis Database
Rights (but not its individual contents) is Adapted Material,
including for purposes of Section 3(b); and
- You must comply with the conditions in Section 3(a) if You
Share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the
For the avoidance of doubt, this Section 4 supplements and
does not replace Your obligations under this Public License where the
Licensed Rights include other Copyright and Similar Rights.
Section 5 - Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor,
to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material
as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties
of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express,
implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation,
warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects,
accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not
known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not
allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor be
liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation,
negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect,
incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses,
costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or
use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised
of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages.
Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part,
this limitation may not apply to You.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided
above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent
possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and
waiver of all liability.
Section 6 - Term and Termination.
- This Public License applies for the term of the Copyright and
Similar Rights licensed here. However, if You fail to comply with
this Public License, then Your rights under this Public License
- Where Your right to use the Licensed Material has terminated under
Section 6(a), it reinstates:
For the avoidance of doubt, this Section 6(b) does not
affect any right the Licensor may have to seek remedies for Your
violations of this Public License.
- automatically as of the date the violation is cured, provided
it is cured within 30 days of Your discovery of the violation;
- upon express reinstatement by the Licensor.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Licensor may also offer the
Licensed Material under separate terms or conditions or stop
distributing the Licensed Material at any time; however, doing so
will not terminate this Public License.
- Sections 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8
survive termination of this Public License.
Section 7 - Other Terms and Conditions.
- The Licensor shall not be bound by any additional or different
terms or conditions communicated by You unless expressly
- Any arrangements, understandings, or agreements regarding the
Licensed Material not stated herein are separate from and
independent of the terms and conditions of this Public License.
Section 8 - Interpretation.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this Public License does not, and
shall not be interpreted to, reduce, limit, restrict, or impose
conditions on any use of the Licensed Material that could lawfully
be made without permission under this Public License.
- To the extent possible, if any provision of this Public License
is deemed unenforceable, it shall be automatically reformed to the
minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. If the provision
cannot be reformed, it shall be severed from this Public License
without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms and
- No term or condition of this Public License will be waived and no
failure to comply consented to unless expressly agreed to by the
- Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be interpreted
as a limitation upon, or waiver of, any privileges and immunities
that apply to the Licensor or You, including from the legal
processes of any jurisdiction or authority.